We do not sell your name, email address or other information, except to third parties which may provide or offer the services you’ve requested from us or as otherwise described below under Personal Information.
For services provided on or in connection with our Website, we may ask you to provide personal information such as name, email address, phone number and zip code, and personally identifiable information, and may or may not include any other information provided by or for you, and/or provided by any other person for whom you may be seeking senior housing and/or care services (“Personal Information”). We may collect and store any Personal Information.
In addition we and our partners use various technologies to collect information automatically when you access and use the Services, including cookies, web beacons and other similar technologies.
The pages on the Services may also include web beacons or pixels, which are electronic files to count users who have visited that page, to track activity over time and across different websites, to determine users’ interactions with emails we send, to identify certain cookies on the computer or other electronic device accessing that page, or to collect other related information, and this information may be associated with your unique browser, device identifier, or Internet Protocol address. We may, for example, implement a pixel on the pages of the Services where you view a certain advertisement so that we can track whether you visit a website associated with that advertisement at a later time.
We use Personal Information to provide you with the services you have requested from us and to provide services to the senior housing and care providers who have contracted with us (“Participating Partners”) to be part of our referral network in relation to the services that we provide you. In addition, we use Personal Information to send you periodic email communications about products and services offered by us or third parties, to operate and improve our Web site and services, to respond to customer inquiries, and to send you survey or other communications. We use Personal Information also for our own internal business purposes including statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns and understand demographic trends among our users.
We may disclose, sell or share Personal Information about you with other people including:
- Participating Partners. We may disclose, sell or share Personal Information to one or more Participating Partners in order to provide you with the services you’ve requested. The Participating Partners may contact you directly by email, telephone, regular mail, in person visits or other means. We do not control how these Participating Partners use or disclose your Personal Information.
- Other Third Party Providers. We may disclose or share Personal Information to one or more third parties with whom we have contracted to provide services to us. We may also disclose Personal Information to one or more third parties who are interested in providing services or products to you. We do not control how these third parties use or disclose your Personal Information.
- Internal Analysis and Operations. We may disclose Personal Information for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose Personal Information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your Personal Information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks and subject to confidentiality.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose Personal Information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets or other business transaction.
- Aggregated Information: We may share aggregated, anonymous information that includes or is based on information about you with third parties. This is information that is combined with the information of other users and does not directly identify you. We also may not limit the third parties’ use of the aggregated information.
Non-personal information collected at the Site may be used and disclosed to improve the performance, functionality and content of the Site. For example, we may collect and analyze collected aggregate information to determine how many visitors arrived at certain pages of the Site, how long they stayed on those pages, and where they went afterwards. This information allows us to determine which pages might be the most interesting to our users and enables us to provide you with a richer experience on the Site.
Please be advised that we may provide links to third party Websites from our Site as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control, and are not responsible for, the privacy and data collection, use, and disclosure practices of such sites and the privacy policies of such Websites may differ from the Site. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such Websites before providing them with any information. These other Websites may send their own cookies to you, collect your data or solicit your Personal Information. Always be aware of where you end up. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to accept cookies, you also have the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted.
We do not intend, and this Site is not designed, to collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Site.
Security and Retention
CareChanges is based in the United States and you acknowledge that the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the United States, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
Your California Privacy Rights
Companies that collect personally identifiable information from California residents and disclose such information to third parties for marketing purposes must, in response to a request by a consumer, either (1) provide a list detailing the categories of information shared and the entities to which such information was provided, or (2) provide a mechanism by which a consumer may opt-out of having their information shared with third parties. We have elected the second option and you may request that your personally identifiable information not be shared with third parties by sending your request, including your full name, email address and postal address to: CareChanges, Inc., 984 Faith Avenue, Atlanta, GA 30316. In accordance with California Civil Code Sec. 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; or by phone at 916-445-1254 or 800-952-5210; or by email to email@example.com